Our team was in the middle of creating our first t-shirt, “dream/reality”, last year when we noticed a problem after the screenprinting process was already complete - there was a typo. Rather than scrapping the entire batch, we decided to sew in custom patchwork with added designs. Members of our team are advocates for repairing clothes and further drew inspiration from the Japanese art of Kintsugi (金継ぎ) - embracing the flawed or imperfect. We took this beautiful opportunity to involve our friends: Brittany Calderon to sew recycled selected scrap fabrics for the patchwork and 13GALLONS to add on new screenprinting designs. This whole process transformed what would’ve been a mistake into something better for us to share with you.
The front of the t-shirt reads:
"No one is perfect. Oftentimes we forget that making a mistake can be an act of strength instead of a weakness. We put in effort to acknowledge the cracks in our facades so we can transform them into something better."
• 6.1oz heavyweight t-shirt
• Ringspun cotton for added strength and softness
• Full cut for roomier fit
• Double needle stitching for reinforced durability
• Lay flat collar to keep shape after wash
• Patchwork by Brittany Calderon made using scrap fabric
• Hidden pocket in the bottom right patch
• Unique patchwork, as no two t-shirt patches are the same
• Screenprinted in Daly City
• Designed with love by the NÜFLY team